Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Sally's Bones

Monday, August 22, 2011

Book Review - Sally's Bones

About the Book
When Sally Simplesmith’s life changed forever she came face-to-face with death, and gained a skeleton dog which she named Bones. When the towns dog treats start to go missing everyone blames Bones. But could the culprit be Sally’s arch nemesis Viola, or the evil dog catcher? It’s up to Sally to solve the mystery and save her cadaverous canine from puppy prison.

Author MacKenzie Cadenhead’s love of radioactive spiders, Kevin Henkes, zombies and her puppy/muse, Smudge, naturally inspired her to become a children’s book writer. She lives in Westchester, NY, surrounded by a slew of oak trees just waiting to be hit by lightning and bring a lovable skeleton dog back to life.




My Take on the Book

This book was a ton of fun and my daughter ate it up. She loved the dog and the overall story line and I have to say that I too was impressed with how well the story was written and how well it engaging the story was overall.


So thus far my daughter and I have read this together and now she is reading it by herself for the 2nd time (which is always a good sign). One of the best things that I noticed about this book was the quality descriptions of the characters themselves.


I know that you will enjoy this book as much as my daughter and I did!




All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
 
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: