Dad of Divas' Reviews: Disney's The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingo

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Disney's The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingo


About the Movie
Experience a birds‐eye view from Disneynature – the studio that brought you EARTH ‐ as one of nature’s last great mysteries unfolds in The Crimson Wing: Mystery of the Flamingos. A heartwarming story of survival, The Crimson Wing explores the spectacular lives of a million crimson‐winged flamingos, offering a glimpse of their rare journey. Appropriate for families of all ages, this film showcases a dramatic, never‐ before‐filmed backdrop, as the regal birds wing to another world in an inspiring and colorful story of majesty. Available on Blu‐ray and DVD October 19, 2010.



DVD Bonus Features Include:
  • Lake Natron Diaries: Behind The Crimson Wing – 5 behind‐the‐scenes pods
Blu-ray High-Def Bonus Features Include:
  • Living Planet – Fully interactive through BD‐Live, explore the Earth with up‐to‐date facts, migration information and videos by the filmmakers and leading wildlife experts
  • Filmmaker Annotations (CineExplore) – An in‐movie experience with pop‐up facts from the directors Leander Ward & Matthew Aberhard, and screenwriter Melanie Finn
  • The Crimson Wing Screensaver
STREET DATE:    October 19, 2010
Rated:
G
Run Time: Approx. 78 minutes
Video: Widescreen (1.85.1)
Blu‐ray Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese
DVD Audio: English, Spanish, French
SRP: Blu‐ray Combo Pack: $39.99, 1‐Disc DVD $29.99   



My Take on the DVD
I have always found Flamingos to be fascinating. Now, I have only seen them in Zoos, but in all of these cases, I have been impressed by their color and their family oriented behavior. To be honest though, I knew nothing about Flamingos  until I watched this movie! I had never seen a Flamingo fly, nor did I really know much about the bird (I came to find out).


This movie is a gem, and can definitely be used as a teaching tool for your families. I have to say that the new movies that Disney has been putting out such as Oceans and this movie are great ones and bring me back to some of the educational nature based films that they had produced back in the 50's and 60's, and I love this fact.


In sharing this movie with my girls, they thought that the birds were pretty cool, and I could tell that especially my oldest learned a lot in the process, which is all a part of the underlying goal!


So, I would definitely recommend this movie to other families for its
cinematic and natural beauty!

If you would like to have this movie as a part of your own collection you can find it on Amazon in DVD or DVD+Blu-Ray Formats

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Terms of Use  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: