Dad of Divas' Reviews: Game Review - Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Game Review - Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013

About the Game
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 is a leading-edge fitness product that will help you set and achieve your goals in an engaging and motivating fashion. Built for Nintendo's Wii U system, Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 features 125 different workouts and 215 moves, giving you a massive array of activities to choose from. Best of all, Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 can create a personalized fitness program lasting up to four weeks tailored to your current fitness level and preferences. Connect online with friends to compete and collaborate your way to fitness.


  • The Whole Nine Yards - With 125 different workouts and 215 moves, Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 delivers a massive array of activities.
  • Your Personal Trainer - Create a personalized fitness program lasting up to four weeks, tailored to your current fitness level and preferences.
  • Get Connected - With news feeds, online challenges, leaderboards, achievements, and friend competitions, Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 sets a new technological standard in the Nintendo universe and leverages the unique features of the Wii U system.

  • Join the Calorie-Fighter Community - Connect with the established Your Shape Center website and broader Your Shape community.
  • Technology - Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 continues in the tradition of the franchise by offering the best-in-class workout technology including progress tracking, motivating online features, HD graphics, and beautifully animated virtual coaches.


My Take on the Game
This was the type of game that will definitely get you off your rump and on your feet. I loved how the game had some workouts that really were motivating and inspired you to keep coming back (or it did in my case). The game also allows you to in a way compete with yourself to continually improve which is a great way for me to be able to stick with the exercise, even when it may hurt! I did have some challenges with it scoring me correctly, but I was able to get past this, as for me it was more about the workout and being active! One of the other things that I thought was innovative about the game itself was the daily checklists. I really liked these as again they motivated me to achieve something tangible every day. Too often I find that I start a workout routine, get frustrated, and walk away, but this helps you to keep coming back!

Overall, there were a few quirks in the points you can receive, but overall I was very impressed with the overall game itself and how it motivated me to start up my exercise routine again in a completely new way!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: