Dad of Divas' Reviews: Game Review - ESPN Sports Connection (WII U)

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Game Review - ESPN Sports Connection (WII U)

About the Game
It's Game Time! Welcome to ESPN Sports Connection, the ultimate multi-sport gaming experience. Developed from the ground up to fully leverage the Nintendo’s Wii U system, ESPN Sports Connection lets you play the most popular sports from a new perspective. Play solo, team up in co-op to experience new gameplay possibilities or compete in multiplayer!



  • Play six of the most popular sports: soccer, football, baseball, tennis, golf, and karting

  • Customize your avatars with ESPN gear: Unlock over 250 achievements and get original and custom ESPN outfits for your character

  • Touch controls: Use the Wii U Gamepad to control a blitz in football to sack the quarterback or curve a penalty kick in soccer and score

  • Use the Wii U Gamepad as a window into your environments. Scan in 360 degrees to analyze the golf course and get hints for your next swing

  • Play with Wii MotionPlus using real sports gestures: Swing with precision in golf or hit a home run in baseball


My Take on the Game
My family has loved playing these type of sports games in the past as they allow us to compete against each other in a family friendly way while getting us on our feet and active. What I liked about this game was the integration of the gamepad. It took a little time to get used to this, but once I did I found the gamepad to be a ton of fun and it allowed me as a parent to contol all of the game play so easily. At the same time, I had the option to get on my feet with a Wii Remote Plus and get active with my kids too. So far in playing these games Karting seems to be our favorite, but all have been a ton of fun and my kids keep asking me when we can play the game again (which is a great sign). Overall, this game was a lot of fun and will encourage your family to play together and you definitely will have a great time doing it!


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: