Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Jake and the Neverland Pirates: Jake Saves Bucky

Friday, October 5, 2012

DVD Review - Jake and the Neverland Pirates: Jake Saves Bucky

About the DVD
Yo ho, let's go! Set sail with Jake and his crew on a full-length, high-speed adventure on the high seas. According to the Never Land pirate code, Jake and his crew must race Bucky against the Jolly Roger and the sneaky Captain Hook. But if Bucky loses, he'll belong to Hook forever! Of course, Hook uses every trick in the book and wins the race! But, Jake and his crew might have a way to get Bucky back. With the help of Peter Pan, the young pirates embark on an adventure across Never Land that includes getting past a fire-breathing dragon! With your help, Jake's crew can save Bucky from the devious Captain Hook! Also, enjoy four more exciting Jake And The Never Land Pirates episodes! Overflowing with music, swashbuckling action, and seafaring fun, Jake Saves Bucky proves that being a hero comes from teamwork, determination, and friendship!

My Take on the DVD
My kids have really come to like this series. Not only does it have great music, but the stories are fun and lively too. From a parent's perspective, I have to say that I love some of the messages that are shared within the series. Underlying messages of friendship and teamwork are things that I always try and have my daughters show in their daily lives, so anything that can reinforce this (without me telling them) is always a good thing in my book. This was a great movie (ans some great episodes as well), and when my kids saw that it was coming out on DVD they hoped that we would get it for our collection. Though I was used to the shorter shows, they did a great job on this movie and the songs are just as good as you find in the regular series as well. I will also put a plug in for the bonus feature on this DVD as your kids will love singing along playing Pirate-oke!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: