Dad of Divas' Reviews: The Total Transformation Program - 10 Ways to Turn Around Your Child’s Behavior in One Minute or Less.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Total Transformation Program - 10 Ways to Turn Around Your Child’s Behavior in One Minute or Less.

Total Transformation

Ever since the day she was born, our daughter Diva-J has been a handful. She has challenged us every step of the way, and continues to do so even now as a 6 year old. While I love her with all my heart there are days that I am completely drained and I know that J-Mom feels the same way.

Our second daughter is completely different, laid back and carefree, she is our studious one and someone who simply site back and will go to her room to read. Though lately she has been starting to pick up some bad habits form her sister that J-Mom and I are not happy about.

program
So needless to say we have power struggles, arguing and attitude from Diva-J particularly that we are dealing with on a daily basis.We have tried many things and failed at many things, so when I heard about The Total Transformation Program by James Lehman, MSW, I was eager to give to try it to see if it could make a difference.


What I liked about this program when I first read about it was that it was a step-by-step, multi-media program designed to help parents manage challenging behaviors in children and teenagers. The program uses cognitive learning theory and behavior management techniques to help all ages change their behavior. Complete with DVDs, CDs and a 116-page workbook, this kit offers practical, real-world solutions for the most common and challenging problems that we all face.

I was able to review a 3-CD abridged version that contains key lessons on the concepts and methodologies found in the complete Total Transformation Program.

While I wished that I had the entire program to try out, I was excited to try the program that I did receive out and see what the hype was all about!




10 Ways to Turn Around Your Child’s Behavior in One Minute or Less.
This disc was a compilation of 10 simple techniques Dr. Lehman developed and used with kids for over 30 years. Given in a way that parents can put them to use immediately, these tips are made so that you can see quick, positive changes in your kids.

While some of the techniques on this CD were ones that I had already tried, I especially liked the idea of Disconnecting yourself when the child becomes disrespectful. My buttons are pushed on a daily basis and many times I feel that I need to react instead of disconnecting and simply saying “Don’t talk to me like that, I don’t like it,” and then turning around and walking away.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: