Dad of Divas' Reviews: Could've, Should've, ShopRunner: How to Avoid "Return Rage"

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Could've, Should've, ShopRunner: How to Avoid "Return Rage"

The 2010 holiday shopping season marks the return of retail spending! According to the Associated Press, revenue from November 1 – December 31, 2010 is expected to exceed revenue from the same period in 2007 – previously the largest holiday shopping season on record. However, now that all holiday gifts have been opened, the question is: how many people will keep their gifts and how many will have to go through the dreaded process of returning them?!

Consumer Reports states that Americans anticipate spending an average of one hour waiting in line at stores to make holiday returns. Whether the item is too big, too small or simply the wrong gift, many will find themselves repeating the age old phrase, “could’ve, should’ve, would’ve” while circling the mall parking lot or waiting in line to make a return. Launched in mid-November, ShopRunner, a members-only online shopping service providing fast free shipping and returns, proved to be the solution for many savvy consumers this year. Those who signed up for annual memberships to ShopRunner were able to take advantage of two-day shipping during the busy holiday season and now have peace of mind that any items they wish to return can be sent with ease and without hidden shipping fees or the frustration of long lines at crowded malls. With services like ShopRunner, consumers “could’ve, should’ve, would’ve” avoided the holiday return hassle.

ShopRunner has teamed up with some of America’s most trusted and respected brands such as Toys”R”Us, Sports Authority, PetSmart, Borders, Calvin Klein, Bare Necessities and eBags, among others.  For an annual $79 fee, consumers enjoy a host of services including free shipping, free returns, exclusive deals and  the ability track orders all in a single portal and across a variety of retailers who are part of the rapidly growing network.


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoprunner provides little of what is promised. Items that were eligible last time are not eligible now. It seems no matter what site I look at almost nothing is eligible for the items I need. So now I have more stress and anxiety about shopping online than before. At least they could provide a prorated refund. I've tried it several times to order, but it is worthless for me personally.

Stacey said...

I rarely ever write comments on blogs but felt compelled to speak up here on behalf of a company that I have done great with. I signed up with ShopRunner back in November and I have saved around $90 already in free shipping alone. Quite honestly I don't know how they do it - it's awesome, my husband and I love it. I have shopped at Toysrus, Sports Authority, Borders, drugstore.com and a few other stores in their network that i can't recall - they have something like 30 or 40 stores. Maybe I have been lucky every time I have used ShopRunner but I have had zero issues with products not being eligible - I don't think heavy items qualify, but I am not buying heavy things online. I got an email from ShopRunner a week or so ago recently talking about a new marketplace on their website where 100% of the products listed, they guarantee qualify for their fast free shipping.