Dad of Divas' Reviews: DVD Review - Mr. Mom

Thursday, September 28, 2017

DVD Review - Mr. Mom

Mr. Mom





About the Movie
While Caroline Butler (Teri Garr, Tootsie) re-enters the workforce and becomes the rising star of her advertising agency, her newly unemployed husband Jack (Michael Keaton, Night Shift) finds himself a new job … as a stay-at-home dad! But if Jack thinks his old career in the automotive industry was tough, he has no idea what's waiting for him at home: the ins and outs of dropping the kids off at school, soap operas, woobies, babies with chili, a clean-up on aisle seven and a vacuum cleaner named "Jaws. ", Not to mention the seedy neighborhood drama!

Inspired, in part, by writer John Hughes’ (Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles) own life lessons as a clueless stay-at-home father, Mr. Mom is sure to have every parent slapping their foreheads with sympathy, as they slap their knees with laughter!




My Take on the Movie
This movie brings me back and it is funny to watch it now that I am a father. Michael Keaton does a great job at showing that Dads have what it takes to stay at home after some twists and turns. The movie has a lot of laughs and touching moments throughout and I am so glad that I was able to watch this again, this time with my own kids! We all had a blast!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: