Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World

Friday, January 27, 2017

Book Review - The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World

 photo disclaimer_zpsd3x74ej2.jpg


About the Book
A 320-page Middle Grade Novel telling an original "tail" of Marvel's cute, quirky, and downright furry Super Heroine--Squirrel Girl!



My Take on the Book
I have been a big comics person for many year. I remember growing up in the 1980's and reading voraciously about teens my age that were receiving their powers. I related to their vulnerability as uniqueness and this is what always drew me in. I had heard of Squirrel Girl in the past but had never read any of the comics that were put out in the past, but this book sounded interesting. I started reading this and found that I did not want to put it down. It was a great background story of Squirrel Girl finding herself and her powers. Even more though is that this is a coming of age story that is down to earth and real. Squirrel Girl gives you an amazing young woman that I can see myself wanting to get to know and while she has tons of wit and spunk, she also has more heart than most superheroes. You also get a very diabolical villain as well - will Squirrel Girl be victorious? Highly recommend this book!!



----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: