Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Just a Minute: In the Heart of a Child, One Moment ... Can Last Forever

Friday, February 17, 2012

Book Review - Just a Minute: In the Heart of a Child, One Moment ... Can Last Forever

About the Book
How long does it take to make a difference in the life of a child? For good or for ill, individual moments in a young person's life can make all the difference in their future. It may be something said or done by an adult who hardly thinks about it--a hug, a compliment, an intriguing question, a sincere applause. But in that moment, the child discovers who they are, what is important to them, why they matter, and sometimes even what their destiny will be.

Most of us want to help encourage and build into this next generation, most of us see the need all around, but most of us also have no idea where to even begin. Now, with this book, you know where to begin and you know that it only takes "Just a Minute."

Follow along as Dr. Wess Stafford, president of Compassion International, shares stories and experiences to introduce you to the difference you can actually make anywhere on the spectrum of child development. From helping meet physical needs to breaking emotional barriers and from discovering latent talents to equipping with spiritual insights these pages will be a catalyst for action. You don't have to be a teacher, a parent, a pastor, or a doctor to make a difference in the life of a child. You just have to be willing.

My Take on the Book
This book was a great collection of inspirational stories and testimonies that simply stay with you as you read through the book and even finish the book too. The book makes you consider the moments that you can make within your life to be able to impact others and possibly even change their lives for the better. In particular this book makes you look at how you can reach out specifically to children and show them love and compassion. I try as a parent to show this to the children around me on a daily basis. Not only do I do this with my own children, but also with their friends and with other children that I meet and work with in the community, at school and in other places. This boom continues to encourage me and sustain me as I continue to try and think about this daily and I know it will for you as well!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

1 comment:

NewChristianbooks said...

After being inspired by the stories in Just a Minute, I decided it wouldn’t take much for me to offer that kind of encouragement to kids who need it! I have been much more intentional, since I read this book, in slowing down a little, making time in my life to give love and attention to children--my own teenagers, a friend's preschoolers, even children I don't know but happen to encounter in my daily life. I've tried to take just a minute to speak words of affirmation--not just to kids but to anyone I happen to interact with!