First, whip up Mary’s Gone Crackers Gluten Free Romesco, which is simply made by blending red bell peppers with olives and a variety of spices such as smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. This game winning dip, accompanied by Mary’s Gone Crackers Sea Salt Pretzels, will have guests cheering long after the fourth quarter.
Or kick it up a notch with Mary’s Gone Crackers Green Chutney Dip. Combine chilies with fresh cilantro, mint and garlic and serve with Mary’s Gone Crackers Original Crackers for a field goal in the second half.
The dip and pretzel / cracker pairings above are suggestions, and both could certainly be served alongside any of Mary’s Gone Crackers Pretzels or Crackers. Full recipes are included below for reference. Please let me know if you have any questions, would like more information, hi-res images and/or product samples. Thanks so much in advance for your consideration.
Gluten Free Romesco
1 cup toasted almonds
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
1 c. roasted red bell peppers, patted dry
1/2 cup green, pitted olives, drained
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. red wine vinegar
5 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine the almonds, garlic, smoked paprika, and cayenne; pulse until coarsely chopped, about 15 to 20 times.
- Add the roasted peppers, olives, lemon juice and vinegar.
- While the machine is running, add the olive oil in a thin stream through the opening and process to a coarse puree.
- Season the sauce with the salt and black pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- This recipe was created to be enjoyed with Mary’s Gone Crackers Sea Salt Pretzels, but can be enjoyed with MGC crackers.
Green Chutney Dip
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1/2 bunch fresh mint
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped almonds
3 small, fresh hot chilies (such as jalapeño or serrano), stemmed and seeded
1 large clove garlic
2 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup water
Salt to taste
1. Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. If consistency is too thick, add more water.
This recipe was created to be enjoyed with Mary's Gone Crackers Original Crackers or with MGC pretzels.