Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Evil Librarian

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Book Review - Evil Librarian

 photo disclaimer2_zps8af35ac1.jpg

About the Book
He’s young. He’s hot. He’s also evil. He’s . . . the librarian.



When Cynthia Rothschild’s best friend, Annie, falls head over heels for the new high-school librarian, Cyn can totally see why. He’s really young and super cute and thinks Annie would make an excellent library monitor. But after meeting Mr. Gabriel, Cyn realizes something isn’t quite right. Maybe it’s the creepy look in the librarian’s eyes, or the weird feeling Cyn gets whenever she’s around him. Before long Cyn realizes that Mr. Gabriel is, in fact . . . a demon. Now, in addition to saving the school musical from technical disaster and trying not to make a fool of herself with her own hopeless crush, Cyn has to save her best friend from the clutches of the evil librarian, who also seems to be slowly sucking the life force out of the entire student body! From best-selling author Michelle Knudsen, here is the perfect novel for teens who like their horror served up with a bit of romance, plenty of humor, and some pretty hot guys (of both the good and evil variety).




My Take on the Book
This was a great book that was quirky and strange, but also engaging and fun too. I found myself chuckling with the dry humor throughout the book while at the same time being drawn into the characters and the plot itself. While there were definitely parts in the story that were over the top with villains that were humorous and sometimes stereotypical, but in saying this, for me, this is what I found that I would have wanted to be the case too. I also was a theater major in college so I loved the connection in the book to the Sweeney Todd production that was happening and how this intertwined to the plot too. All-in-all I truly enjoyed the book. It was fun, light, a bit strange, yet engaging none-the-less.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: