Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The Wheels on the Bus: A Read-Along Sing-Along Trip to the Zoo

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Book Review - The Wheels on the Bus: A Read-Along Sing-Along Trip to the Zoo

About the Book
Kids can sing along with this book's funny animal characters as they turn each page. The big, colorful illustrations that fill every page present a Wheels on the Bus verse, while more and more animals climb aboard for a bus ride. The weight of those many animals finally flattens the bus's tires--and it takes big puffs from the elephant's trunk to blow the tires up again. The illustrations are packed with humor that will make kids giggle when they aren't singing along with the story.

My Take on the Book
I am thrilled to have had the opportunity to review this book. If you have a child, you probably know the song "The Wheels on the Bus". However Jeanne Willis has used her creative writing talents to bring the song to the zoo.

The book's story includes hippos, an elephant, a skunk, an owl, a warthog, an alligator and more. Each animal has a special part in the song as the bus travels through the zoo.

Adam Stower's illustrations are delightful. You will smile and laugh at the expressions on the faces of the animals as problems arise while on the bus.

I know my youngest granddaughter will love listening to this story, seeing the illustrations, and then retelling it to me.

I encourage you to purchase a copy and share it with your young child in your life.

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: