Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The Cameo Necklace: A Cecile Mystery (American Girl)

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Book Review - The Cameo Necklace: A Cecile Mystery (American Girl)

About the Book
As Cecile exits a crowded showboat after enjoying a lavish Floating Circus, she stumbles--and when she gets up, she realizes that the cameo necklace she borrowed from her aunt is no longer on her neck. Knowing that the necklace was the last gift Tante Tay's husband gave her before he died, Cecile is desperate to find it. As she tracks down the people in the crowd who were near her when she fell, her search takes her into many corners of New Orleans, from a society tea party to the crowded French Market, even the dangerous cypress swamps...and deep into secrets she never imagined! An illustrated Looking Back essay provides facts about the 1850s.



My Take on the Book
This was another great tale of an American Girl that goes above and beyond! This is a great story full of mystery, intrigue and so much more, but moreover it is a great story that produces a strong female character that as a father of girls I love to see. I shared this book with my eldest daughter and she just loved the story and I know that even if you have not been introduced to this American Girl in the past, you and your girls will also love this!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: