Dad of Divas' Reviews: WII Game Review - Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

Friday, September 17, 2010

WII Game Review - Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

About the Game
The game invites kids and fans of the film and the popular Guardians of Ga'Hoole book series to join an unlikely band of heroes as they take on the role of a Guardian, a winged warrior and protector of the owl world, in an epic story of good versus evil. Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole - The Videogame allows players to customise and control their owl on a thrilling journey across mythic terrains.

"Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole - The Videogame gives players a fun, new gameplay experience capturing the excitement of owl fight and flight with intuitive and smooth controls," said Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Production and Development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "Players will be able to do much more than fly, as they race, attack and grow their abilities for a more immersive experience throughout the expansive environments beautifully depicted in the game."

Based on the film directed by Zack Snyder and the bestselling book series by author Kathryn Lasky, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole - The Videogame is being developed for Wii, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft by Krome Studios and for Nintendo DS™ by Tantalus Media.

My Take on the Game
I had seen the preview for this game in the movie theater sometime ago and I thought that the animation looked great and the plot not bad as well. Thus, I anticipated that we might even take the kids to this movie when it hit the theater. When I was given a chance to review the WII game, I was excited as the graphics that I had seen online for it looked awesome and somewhat similar to what I had seen on the trailer for the film. When I played the game I was equally impressed. With great Mid-Air combat action and customizable characters, you are both in control in the game as well as able to enjoy the game for what it is, complete family fun. It does take a little time to get used to maneuvering the owls around, but I know that my daughter loved being able to take the role of a Guardian for herself and protect against evil. A great game and one that I would recommend to all WII Players!

If this game sounds like one that you would like for your own family you can find it on Amazon!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Terms of Use  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: