Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - My Video Game Ate My Homework

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Book Review - My Video Game Ate My Homework

My Video Game Ate My Homework


About the Book
Meet Dewey Jenkins, a 13-year old school kid who's about to fail science class. Follow Dewey on an amazing adventure that leads him and his friends to a virtual world where they will have to overcome all sorts of digital creatures and solve a number of puzzles in order to get home.

MY VIDEO GAME ATE MY HOMEWORK is a funny, fast-paced adventure that shows the importance of cooperation and teamwork and the importance of using your own unique abilities to solve problems. It's illustrated in Hansen's light-hearted, cartoony style, and filled with lots of sight gags and nods to videogaming conventions.

DUSTIN HANSEN spent years directing and creating video games before becoming a writer and illustrator. His published works include the MICROSAURS illustrated chapter book series and his fan-favorite GAME ON! VIDEO GAME HISTORY FROM PONG AND PAC-MAN TO MARIO, MINECRAFT, AND MORE.



My Take on the Book
This was a super fun book with amazing illustrations throughout that allows you to go on a very fun adventure with a very unique character. My daughter loves video games and this book really allows any gamer to live vicariously through the main character Dewey. In this world Dewey is able to enter the digital world to battle digital creatures and solve amazing puzzles to be able to go home. Will he make it home or not, you will have to read to find out. This is such a fun book for all!

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: