Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The Complete Idiots Guide to Child & Adolescent Psychology

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Book Review - The Complete Idiots Guide to Child & Adolescent Psychology

About the BookChild psychology is required for college level psych and elementary education majors. It is a complex subject that can include developmental psychology, biology, sociological psychology, and various schools of theory and therapies. The only sources of information about this complex subject are long, expensive textbooks. Until now. This, the first trade book to give a detailed, easy to understand explanation of the subject.

• Age-by-age discussion of the psychological development of children. 


My Take on the Book


This book was an amazing resource for anyone that works with children or has a child themselves. The book provided the reader with so many easy to understand concepts and ideas for how to understand children. What I liked most about this book was that it provided ideas based on the specific age of your own child. 


So for me, I was able to gain some great insights into my own two girls, as well as gather some ideas for how to better work with them based on their own developmental stages. 


As a parent you many times are thrown into a no-mans land of unforeseen challenges that you cannot be prepared for, and it is through books like this that the path and your role as a parent becomes clear.  


This was a great book and one that I would highly recommend!


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: