As the anticipated romantic holiday approaches, moms seem to want nothing other than the gift of time (42%), according to a survey conducted by FamilyFinds.com. The leading online daily deal site that focuses exclusively on experiences for families in LA and Chicago communities, will announce survey results that reveal LA and Chicago moms’ state of mind on love, money and time on Feb 8.
Key survey results are listed below from hundreds of LA and Chicago moms and if you are interested in learning more, we have a FamilyFinds spokesmom who can speak to this survey and its results. Thank you for your consideration.
Valentine’s Day – Jewelry, Chocolate & Flowers No Longer Matter
· When it comes to Moms’ favorite thing about Valentine’s Day, sex and dinner out was over shadowed by simple alone time with their significant other – preferred by 43% of LA moms and 41% of Chicago Moms.
o Jewelry, chocolate and flowers no longer reign supreme, with moms in LA and Chicago in the low single digit percentage caring about what were once Valentine’s Day defacto gifts.
· That same city difference carried over to how many of their children were conceived around Valentine’s Day
o Nearly 20% of kids in LA were sprung by Cupid; Chicago saw just 9%
· As for how many people actually have special plans for this love-filled day,
o A stunning 74% of Angelenos and 84% of Chicagoans had nothing on the books.
o A big part of that, based on these findings, is that moms don’t have time or necessary resources.
· Ever wonder where the best spot in Los Angeles and Chicago are to make out with your loved one?
o Most LA moms prefer to make out at the beach.
o In Chicago, top make out spot was a little more reserved; at home.
Time – Moms most prized commodity
· More than half the Mothers in Los Angeles (52%) and Chicago (54%) plan to increase the amount of time they spend with their kids in 2011 as compared to 2010.
o Despite that, most moms still complain that work is the biggest drain on their time.
· Above all else, this Valentine’s Day help your Mom around the house.
o 41% in Los Angeles and 43% in Chicago would like a housekeeper and 14% want their kids to do more chores.
Money – What economic uptick?
· It seems that saving money is the biggest priority for both LA and Chicago moms in 2011.
o About 63% of LA moms and 65 of Chicago moms placed this as the most important plan for the year.
o Losing weight and being more frugal followed with about 58% and 34%, respectively.
o The least popular plan for 2011 – having a child.
· As for how moms plan to save money, eating out generated the biggest response (average of 43%) of the first area they would cut; followed by manicures and pedicures.
o Also taking a hit for spendthrift moves are vacations and groceries. Not sacrificed; moms spending on themselves.
o A surprising 52% of LA and 62% of Chicago moms plan to either maintain or spend a little to a lot more on themselves in 2011.
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at email@example.com