Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review: Scandinavian Classic Baking

Friday, February 4, 2011

Book Review: Scandinavian Classic Baking

About the BookDistinguished by hints of cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange peel, these sweet yeast breads, berry-studded tarts, and nutty pastries offer the most memorable flavors of Scandinavian cuisine. Gorgeously photographed, the authentic recipes range from hearty and wholesome Scandinavian Rye Bread, Swedish Lucia Buns, and Mini Princess Cakes to the traditional and venturesome Danish Aebleskiver, Norwegian Fattigmann, and Sandbakkels.
The book, organized by type of dish, includes information about each of the countries that make up Scandinavia along with anecdotes and notes about traditions, holidays, and baking tips and tricks. Featuring photographs from around the region and information on where to find the equipment for specialty baking endeavors, this cookbook invites bakers of all levels to experience Northern Europe’s best coffee breads, cakes, cookies, and tarts.

My Take on the Book
As a Swedish American, I have to say that though I have this blood flowing through my veins, I never really grew up with this type of food in my home. Though this was the case, I was always interested in trying recipes, but I had yet to try them in the past. Thus, when I was asked to try out this recipe book, I knew that it was definitely one that I wanted to try for myself.

This book does a great job of sharing some of the delicacies that the Scandinavian countries are known for such as the pastries and other bakery items. I found the recipes to be easy to follow and not to intricate that I was messing up the ones that I tried. To this point I have tried only a couple of recipes and I have to say that they are thus far very succulent, and I know though that if I am not careful, I will be putting on some extra pounds from these extra baked goods.

So if you love pastry and baking, try some ethic baking and learn form the best!


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: