Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Teenage as a Second Language

Friday, November 18, 2011

Book Review - Teenage as a Second Language

About the Book
What are you to do when your cheerful, friendly family members morph overnight into sarcastic, sullen, teens? How can you get through to these hormonally challenged strangers when all you get in return are sighs and eyerolls?

Thankfully, this book reveals the groundbreaking strategies you can use to maintain good communication, healthy interaction, and strong connections to your teen, no matter how rocky the road to puberty becomes. You'll learn how to:

  • Let your teens help set the rules--and the consequences for breaking them
  • Realize that "me, me, me!" is actually age-appropriate
  • Put honesty above all else
  • Try not to criticize, judge, or become angry

Based on the latest research, this book works as a Rosetta Stone to help you hear what your kids are really saying--and makes sure nothing is lost in translation!

My Take on the Book
As a father that will have two teenage girls in the future I am scared. Scared about the idea of what they could become (hopefully my fears are unfounded). This book is full of great ideas and insights as well as practical advice for all parents about how to understand and communicate with your teenager. What I loved about the book was how easy t was to understand and how many down-to-earth real tips that they offer and how well they have incorporated true life experiences of parents and teenagers into the text itself. The authors also allow for parents to laugh at themselves and at the situations that may occur and to not take everything as seriously as many times you do in your personal situation. This was a well written book that any parent would enjoy!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed!  Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

1 comment:

pamalot said...

Thanks Chris for the review.

With a 16 year old in the house I am always looking for some HELP!