About the Book
Sketching is an artistic form of expression that has been practiced by countless creative people since time immemorial. In the past, it was not considered “artwork” in itself, but an intimate look at the artist’s surroundings that might be utilized to study, learn, and grow. The Urban Sketchbook discusses the philosophy behind sketching―and the social media phenomenon that has impacted sketchers around the world. Readers will discover:
- A short history of sketching, and the changing role of sketchers (are they reporters? artists? both?)
- Information on choosing materials and utilizing different techniques
- The keys to unlocking an intimate personal style
- How to develop an eye for capturing unique characteristics
- Tips on conveying the freshness and spontaneity of any location, and more
Artists, architects, designers, writers, and others will be able to use these skills to enhance their professional disciplines and document their everyday environments in exquisite detail.
My Take on the Book
My daughters both love art and lately they have been interested in learning more about art and how to create some amazing artwork for themselves. They love the sketch on pads though they have never really had any training. The book is full of great ideas and the author really knows his stuff. You can tell that the author really knows his stuff and he walks the reader through this great insights into what you need to do st start thinking in a new way about your artwork.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org