About the Book
Is your leadership a competitive advantage, or is it costing you? How do you know? Are you developing your leadership effectiveness at the pace of change?
For most leaders today, complexity is outpacing their personal and collective development. Most leaders are in over their heads, whether they know it or not. The most successful organizations over time are the best led. While this has always been true, today escalating global complexity puts leadership effectiveness at a premium. Mastering Leadership involves developing the effectiveness of leaders—individually and collectively—and turning that leadership into a competitive advantage. This comprehensive roadmap for optimal leadership features:
- Breakthrough research that connects increased leadership effectiveness with enhanced business performance
- The first fully integrated Universal Model of Leadership—one that integrates the best theory and research in the fields of Leadership and Organizational Development over the last half century
- A free, online self-assessment of your leadership, using the Leadership Circle Profile, visibly outlining how you are currently leading and how to develop even greater effectiveness
- The five stages in the evolution of leadership—Egocentric, Reactive, Creative, Integral, and Unitive—along with the organizational structures and cultures that develop at each of these stages
- Six leadership practices for evolving your leadership capability at a faster pace
- A map of your optimal path to greater leadership effectiveness
- Case stories that facilitate pragmatic application of this Leadership Development System to your particular situation
This timeless, authoritative text provides a systemic approach for developing your senior leaders and the leadership system of your organization. It does not recommend quick fixes, but argues that real development requires a strategic, long-term, and integrated approach in order to forge more effective leaders and enhanced business performance. Mastering Leadership offers a developmental pathway to bring forth the highest and best use of yourself, your life, and your leadership. By more meaningfully deploying all of who you are every day, individually and collectively, you will achieve a leadership legacy consistent with your highest aspirations.
My Take on the Book
This is an amazing resource to help you analyze your own leadership and determine the steps that you need to take to be able to be the best leader that you can be. Not only is this a great resource in regards to the content held within the book itself, but there is also online content that you have access to as well that is invaluable. You are getting a ton of information, resources and more in this book. It is written in an easy to understand way that provides practical ways to incorporate leadership principles into your daily life.
I am so glad that I had a chance to read this and I have already shared it with my colleagues so that they too can benefit from the knowledge and self-growing that has happened in my own life because of what was shared!
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at email@example.com