For many Americans, a flat panel TV is a great way to enjoy family time and entertainment. However, most parents are unaware of the safety risks that flat panel TVs pose for kids. Due to increasing size and new ultra thin designs, today’s flat panel TVs can easily tip over when bumped or pulled, toppling off of furniture and causing injury or even death.
Bringing this risk to the forefront, SANUS, the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts, has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide. By educating consumers on the risk of unsecured flat panel TV’s, SANUS and Safe Kids Worldwide offer safe solutions for families across the nation by reducing TV tip-over related injuries and fatalities.
A 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) report on flat panel TV safety revealed:
- A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured TV
- Every 45 minutes a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
- Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
- An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
- Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%
- Easy 1, 2, 3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement
- Online video walkthrough of simple installation available at any time
- No additional tools necessary – all required installation hardware is included in package
- Live customer support available 6 days a week
SANUS encourages you to join their efforts and advocate mounting of flat panel TV’s in your homes.
My Take on the Mount
We had been a family with a cathode ray tube for years until recently that is. We got a good deal on a flat screen and decided to move to the next stage in technology! After considering our options and deciding on the right TV, we then had to decide on how we were going to have this television either mounted or simply standing on something. The more I read, the more I was convinced though that for safety reasons, mounting made a lot more sense (especially after I watched the video that SANUS put out on their youtube channel - shown above).
The mount itself was very sturdy and provided you with everything that you would need to mount your television. I found that like it says above, the mount going up in three main steps and I found that once it was up the television was not coming down. The mount also gives you a lot of flexibility in regards to the angle that you want your television at which is great. No longer do you have to feel that you TV has to be flush to the wall or up in a corner of the room.
I did have my wife help me, but I probably could have placed this up myself, but with two I could make sure that everything was where it needed to be and I had it exactly how we wanted the TV to be placed.
All-in-all I was very impressed, and if you are looking for a great mount for your TV, look no further than this one!
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org