About the Book
With this year’s Democratic and Republican primaries being hotly contested, the 2016 presidential race is gearing up to be the most pivotal election this country has had in generations. Kids, parents, and teachers will certainly be discussing the election through November. So now is the perfect time to introduce Presidential Elections and Other Cool Facts to young readers. Children will be fascinated by the history they’ll find in this book, including riveting facts about everything from George Washington’s election in 1789 to Barack Obama’s victories in 2008 and 2012. Questions asked and topics explored include:
- Who can run for president?
- Who can vote?
- What is the Electoral College?
- What is a third-party candidate?
- Which Republican president had a Democrat for his vice president?
- Who was the only U.S. president to be elected for more than two terms?
- Which candidates have won the popular vote but lost the election?
- Why was President Truman happy in 1948, when he read the Chicago Tribune headline that declared: “Dewey Defeats Truman”?
This book brings history and social studies classes to life as boys and girls learn about important people, places, and events in the history of presidential elections.
My Take on the Book
This was an amazing book that really had a ton of great facts and figures that any history fan will love, and more importantly it will open your eyes about the world of the Presidents. My daughters and I loved sharing this together and we learned so much and you will too!
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org