About the Game
The newest installment of the fan-favorite Mario Kart franchise brings Mushroom Kingdom racing fun into glorious 3D. For the first time, drivers explore new competitive kart possibilities, such as soaring through the skies or plunging to the depths of the sea. New courses, strategic new abilities and customizable karts bring the racing excitement to new heights.
- Players can compete in local wireless matches or online over a broadband Internet connection.
- The game supports both SpotPass and StreetPass features.
- Players can show their own style by customizing their vehicles with accessories that give them a competitive advantage. For instance, giant tires help a kart drive off-road, while smaller tires work best on city courses.
- People can choose to race as one of their favorite Mushroom Kingdom characters or even as their Mii character.
- The Mario Kart franchise continues to evolve. New kart abilities add to the wild fun that the games are known for. On big jumps, a kart deploys a wing to let it glide over a track shortcut. When under water, a propeller pops out to help the kart cruise across the sea floor.
My Take on the Game
This game was great and offered so much more than I would have expected! The graphics were wonderful IMHO and you get some additional things in this game that I have not seen in other versions of Mario Kart. The 3D effects were cool and I loved some of the new things that you can throw at other racers too. The worlds were interactive and fun and you get to grab coins to work to unlock random things (which makes the game a bit mysterious in a way).
I also loved to the fact that you were given the opportunity to customize your racing car with wheels, body and glider. Thus, even though you may not have all of the same car options, you get a lot more overall choice when it comes to the car in general.
I love the variety in the tracks that are available and even the fun short cuts that you can find that will help you get into the lead even faster that you might have in the past.
I have to say that this is definitely an awesome addition to the 3DS line of games and if you do not have it yet, you need to go and get it today!
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org