Dad of Divas' Reviews: Wheat Thins Crunch Stix Make For Great Snacking

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Wheat Thins Crunch Stix Make For Great Snacking

About the New Product
New WHEAT THINS Crunch Stix — it’s wholesome goodness that’s irresistibly delicious. Made with 11g of whole grain per serving and a new shape, it packs a powerfully satisfying crunch in every bite. Available in Honey Wheat, Chipotle Pepper and Cinnamon Kick or Fire Roasted Tomato flavors. Dive in. Crunch out.

Nutrition:Wheat Thins Crunch Stix Honey Wheat
Serving Size: About 14 stix
Calories: 130
Total Fat: 4 g
Sat Fat: 0.5 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 150 mg
Potassium: 60 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 22 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein: 2 g

My Take on the New Product
My family and I have been a fan of wheat thins for some time. I think that I have probably tried all of the varieties up to now and I have liked most of them in the past. Thus, I was excited to try out these new Stix. I was given the opportunity to try the Chipotle Pepper and Cinnamon Kick varieties. 


My first impressions were that they had great flavor. For both of the varieties that I tried, they both had a bit of bite to them (which I love). I found that though the serving size was 14, that it was hard to stop snacking, so definitely beware. 


One thing that I did have a challenge with was the box itself. I was a bit perplexed by why they decided to change the box to the odd shape that these snacks are in. You are supposed to be able to open the box by simply pressing in on the sides. I did not find this to be true. Instead, I ended up having to open it the regular way, but then the box would not close the way it should. I may have opened it incorrectly, but when I had issues with both boxes, I don't think this was the case.


This being said, I still have to say that the snacks were good, and that everyone in the family enjoyed it. Even with the extra spice, the kids liked it and asked for more when I gave them some. To me this is one of the best barometers on whether I will purchase them again!

From what I tasted and from what I saw of my kids enjoying what they were eating, I will be searching out these snacks again soon!



All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: