911...NYC...The Days After... is an interactive book that tells the story of local people in the New York City area who experienced the devastation of the attacks of September 11, 2001. All writings, photos and art, from the book was created by NYC metropolitans, including commuters from New Jersey, Long Island, Westchester, and Connecticut.
The proceeds ( which are not a high profit margin) from the sale of books will be used to continue our healing workshops with children and the elderly and other visual and performing art fiscal sponsorships. We donated books to NYC Public Libraries and making available to libraries across our country. A
SK your library to purchase a book!My Take on the Book
I first looked at the table of contents. There were over 100 entries by unknown authors, famous individuals and everyday people.
This amazing book will bring you to the day again. The pain, suffering, surprise, hope, dedication of those who gave their lives, etc.
- There are dedications by family members to those who passed away.
- There is beautiful poetry.
- You will see amazing watercolors and photographs.
- There is even an announcement by a principal in a school on the day of the attack.
- There are photos of the memorials.
- There are photos of the skyline as the attack happened.
- There are writings of memories of dear friends who were the policeman and fireman who responded to the call and lost their lives.
- So many reflections of that day from people who saw , experienced, and were spared that day.
- Photos of the devastation and the skeletons of what was left.
- There are poems of hope. The USA is stronger than the destruction and will persevere.
|Photo by Willie Chu|
One piece of art work said it all. WE ARE DIFFERENT - FOREVER- REMEMBERING 9?11:NYC
This book is a remembrance for us all of a day none of us will ever forget. And we should continue to remember it as we face the challenges of being the great nation that we are and always will be.
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org