Dad of Divas' Reviews: STAR WARS Exclusive Footwear Now Available at Payless ShoeSource!

Friday, July 23, 2010

STAR WARS Exclusive Footwear Now Available at Payless ShoeSource!

Hi. I'm visiting here from my blog over at The Wheelz Are Rolling. Dad of Divas recently emailed me and asked if I would be interested in reviewing a product for him. I thought it was a little odd considering the large number of amazing products he has been reviewing here at this site. But then he told me what the review was.

I was asked to review some boys tennis shoes from Payless Shoe Source. Makes sense considering he has two girls and I have two boys. The shoes were to promote the Star Wars The Clone Wars series. Now, I tend to be a bit overprotective of what the kids watch and the boys have not yet seen any of the Star Wars movies in their entirety. They have yet to see the Clone Wars series as well. But through friends, family, and media, the kids are very well educated in the characters from Star Wars and when I showed them online to see if they were interested, they were all for it.

My boys were very excited when the shoes arrived two days later. They received three pairs of shoes, one regular pair of light up runner shoes and two "high kicks" style. As a matter of fact, they got into the boxes and were already putting them on before I had even gotten up the next morning.

The regular pair for my five year old was an instant hit. They have straps rather than laces and he had them on and was bouncing around.

They each received a high kicks style as well. These definitely posed a problem. The interesting thing was that even though BOTH of them needed considerably help getting them on their feet, lacing and tying them, and then again needed help taking them off, they LOVE them. They love having shoes with familiar characters on them since they generally don't get these kind of items. They thought that they were the coolest kids in the world since the shoes were the high kicks style.

As much as my kids LOVE these shoes, I will be choosy about when they will be allowed to wear them. For one, the pictures on the side have weapons, which in general is not something that I would choose for my kids to wear, nor would I allow them to be worn to school. I wonder if schools would even allow these to be worn on their campus. The other thing I question is the sturdiness of the high sides of the shoes. I wonder if they wouldn't give that much support over a long day of running and playing.

The kids BEG to wear them every day. However, the amount of work it takes for me to get their feet into them and lace and tie them, even though my older son has been able to tie his own shoes for several years now, makes me less willing to let them wear them all the time. I suppose this would be different in winter when they have to wear shoes and socks all the time, rather than the ease of sandals at this time.

In summary, the shoes are a HUGE hit with the kids. They love the look and style of them. I don't see them as shoes for school, both because of the style and subject matter, but as a fun play shoe, I think a lot of moms (and their sons) would be thrilled with these shoes.

These shoes can be purchased at your local Payless Shoe Source for between $20 and $30.


Thanks for letting me guest on Dad of Divas. I have been honored to be part of this great site:) Kristi

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Terms of Use for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

1 comment:

sasha said...

You have lots of brands and selections and you can have the plush cushioning and soft insoles of most running shoes. I think I am not wrong as if I say that we all are want best for our feet and I can certainly say that you are here in search of the perfect running shoes.
trainers shoes are best running shoes