Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Jungle Warefare: A Basic Field Manual for Christians in Sales

Monday, July 26, 2010

Book Review - Jungle Warefare: A Basic Field Manual for Christians in Sales

About the Book
Jungle Warfare provides a field manual for the Christian in sales: a guide for certain victory in uncertain times.

Could a WWII Basic Field Manual on Jungle Warfare have any words of wisdom for sales and business professionals today? Yes – and it may even provide more. Christopher A. Cunningham has taken a prized family gift: his grandfather’s Jungle Warfare manual, and adapted its rules of engagement to fit the basic needs of the Christian sales person who is on the front lines of business every day.

The parallels are obvious: Stay fit. Keep your wits about you. Know your enemy. Serve your leader well. In today’s unsure business climate, those who find a way to keep their faith intact while pushing through the difficulties of market downturns are the ones who will be rewarded. This book is about fighting the good fight and finding inspiration even while crawling through enemy territory.

My Take on the Book
I usually read book through from the beginning to the end. This book was not set up to be read in this way and I was unaware of it at the start. The book is to be digested slowly, and the reader is to ponder the thoughts presented instead of simply plowing through the book to find the meaning within. Though this is the case, seeing that I wanted to review the book, I did read it through and I still felt that I got a lot out of the book (though I might have gained more if I was to have taken longer).

I work in higher education, which is not in sales, but some of my job (especially in college recruitment) uses many sales techniques to help the customer (the student) to see the benefit of attending my institution versus another institution. With this in mind, I enjoyed the ideas presented, as there have been times where I have had to question the values that I hold and how I can live both as a Christian and as an employee.


The book/devotional was easy to read and follow along with. Even if you are not in sales, I believe you will find some great ideas and benefits held within!

If this book sounds like something that you would like in your own collection you can find it on Amazon!


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Terms of Use  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: