Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Marley Dias Gets It Done: And So Can You!

Friday, December 29, 2017

Book Review - Marley Dias Gets It Done: And So Can You!

Marley Dias Gets It Done: And So Can You!




About the Book
In this accessible guide with an introduction by Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Ava DuVernay, Marley Dias explores activism, social justice, volunteerism, equity and inclusion, and using social media for good. Drawing from her experience, Marley shows kids how they can galvanize their strengths to make positive changes in their communities, while getting support from parents, teachers, and friends to turn dreams into reality. Focusing on the importance of literacy and diversity, Marley offers suggestions on book selection, and delivers hands-on strategies for becoming a lifelong reader.



My Take on the Book
This is a very inspirational book that allows you to meet a girl that is doing so much and accomplishing what she is putting her mind to. I was very impressed by all that she has accomplished thus far, and to be honest I started to read parts of the book to both of my girls as I thought that they would be inspired to see someone not much older than themselves doing so much, and I was right. Marley is really a inspiration to so many and I would highly recommend this to all!

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: