Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - I Survived the Children’s Blizzard, 1888

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Book Review - I Survived the Children’s Blizzard, 1888

I Survived the Children’s Blizzard, 1888




About the Book
Eleven-year-old John Hale has already survived one brutal Dakota winter, and now he's about to experience one of the deadliest blizzards in American history. The storm of 1888 was a monster, a frozen hurricane that slammed into America's midwest without warning. Within hours, America's prairie would be buried under ten feet of snow. Hundreds would be dead, thousands terrified and lost and freezing.

John never wanted to move to the wide-open prairie. He's a city kid, not a tough pioneer! But his inner strength is seriously tested when he finds himself trapped in the blinding snow, the wind like a giant crushing hammer, pounding him over and over again. Will John ever find his way home?



My Take on the Book
This is a great book that brings you into a time of history that I did not know anything about. I really liked this book and learned a lot. I did not know so much and while the book is fiction they really do a great job at making you feel for the characters in general. In all, this is an amazing book that I allowed me to learn a ton from and you will too.

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: