About the Books
Designed by three puzzle-book pros and Mensa members, Mind-Melting Conundrums is brimming with almost 100 pages of number stumpers, logic problems, and verbal tests. Split into three levels of difficulty--called Super Brain, Mega Mind, and Ultra Genius--it gets more challenging as the pages progress. Kids, adults, and anyone else who enjoys a good dose of mental calisthenics will find themselves hooked by each marvelous, mind-melting puzzle.
About the Book
This holiday season, throw down the gauntlet to kids and send them on a series of exciting problem-solving quests that will get their brains buzzing. Designed by three puzzle-book pros and Mensa members, Brain-Scrambling Challenges is packed with questions that test kids' brains to the limit...and show them that problem solving = a lot of fun!
- Endlessly engaging (and shhh…ultimately educational), this book is packed with hours of stimulating entertainment. It includes:
- Almost 100 pages of challenging riddles, conundrums, and problems such as anagrams, diagrams, word problems, number searches, and more that will put puzzle lovers right in their element
- Three levels of difficulty--called Super Brain, Mega Mind, and Ultra Genius--so the book gets more challenging as it progresses
- Loads of quirky, fun illustrations of spaceships, big cats, wooly mammoths, and more
- Winning text that encourages and challenges puzzle fanatics to keep going
Kids, adults, and anyone else who enjoys a good dose of mental calisthenics will find themselves hooked by each puzzle-solving challenge. It's really a "no-brainer" for parents, grandparents, and friends everywhere who want to give a gift that children will love now--and remember fondly for years to come.
My Take on the Book
These books were written for older children, but as I read the book and began to solve many of the brain puzzles, I found some were quite challenging. The puzzles made you focus and think often outside of the normal "math box" or the way you may solve a math problem.. You had to look at patterns, use numerical reasoning, and think logically. The reader must persevere because some puzzles take considerable time. There are some puzzles that are easier to finish, but many will make you concentrate.
I thought these books would be fun to work on with another person. You could discuss your strategy for solving the puzzles and learn from the other person.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at email@example.com