Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse Tales

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Book Review - Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse Tales

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.



Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse Tales

About the Book
A charming collection of adventures based on Walt Disney’s most popular animated short films.

In 1928, Walt Disney’s “Steamboat Willie” introduced the world to a mouse named Mickey, and changed the landscape of animation and popular entertainment forever. In 1934, shortly after Mickey’s debut and for more than ten years thereafter, Good Housekeeping magazine featured full-color one-sheet retellings of the wildly popular Disney animated shorts that appeared before feature films in movie theaters. Accompanied by hand-painted illustrations by Disney artists such as Tom Wood and Hank Porter, these beautifully rendered adaptations provided moviegoers a new and exciting way to experience the magic of Disney.

Today, new generations are rediscovering the heart and hilarity behind these classic characters and stories once relegated to the Disney archives. Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse Tales provides adults a delightful and nostalgic trip down memory lane, while introducing newer readers to the fun early adventures of Mickey and the gang.

Presented here for the first time in a glorious hardcover package are beautifully illustrated adaptations of fifty of Disney’s most popular and timeless short tales, including: The Big Bad Wolf, which introduced the world to the song “Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf;” The Wise Little Hen, starring Donald Duck in his first role; The Band Concert, in which Mickey attempts to lead an orchestra during a tornado; Mickey, Donald, and Goofy’s Fire Brigade adventure; the magical mischief of Mickey’s Magic Hat; and Mickey and Minnie’s romantic Mickey’s Rival.



My Take on the Book
My family and I are HUGE fans of Disney, from the early cartoons to the movies that we have seen throughout the years. This book was a great collection of the old cartoons put into book form. Not only do you get to see the great artistry of the Walt Disney cartoons, but you can now read them as well. At first it was a bit different seeing these and reading the story as the author has shared everything that would have been seen and experienced in the cartoon itself. As I kept reading though I got used to the overall flow and really enjoyed the book and so did my kids. I am so glad that I had the chance to read this as it took me back to my own childhood and allowed me to share some of my favorite cartoons with my kids!

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: