Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Finding Purpose Beyong Our Pain

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Book Review - Finding Purpose Beyong Our Pain

Within this book, Drs. Paul Meier and David Henderson work hard to bring the reader beyond the surface to examine God's hand in the struggles that all of us deal with on a daily basis. They even challenge us to move beyond the pain to see what the underlying meaning behind the pain may be and what God has in store for all of us.

In reading this book, I found that the book itself was an enjoyable read. While there are some areas that seemed to gloss over the meat that could lie within, overall, the book itself was thought provoking (like any good book should be) and made me think behind the pain that I or my friends and family have gone through and how I may be able to help others through these periods of trial.

While I can relate the idea that all of us who believe in a higher being have asked the question "Does God still love me? Is there a purpose for all this pain?" the book does  good job at helping us as readers to move toward acceptance of the life situation that effects us and moves us toward seeing the divine intervention that seems to have a place in all of the pain that we may encounter through our lives.




I would recommend this book for anyone who is going though times of struggle right now, or those that are friends or family members of those that are dealing with similar issues. While it does not go into depth on all of the areas within the book, the book does a good job at helping you to know your place in the scheme of things and helps you to do what you can do to move forward with your life.

You can find this book at Amazon or at the Thomas Nelson site. If the book sounds like something you think you might enjoy I encourage you to read a few pages and review for yourself whether you would benefit from the thoughts and perspectives of the authors.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: