Dad of Divas' Reviews: Movie Review - Barbie

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Movie Review - Barbie

barbie




About the Movie
To live in Barbie Land is to be a perfect being in a perfect place. Unless you have a full-on existential crisis. Or you’re a Ken.

My Take on the Movie
My daughters loved this movie and convinced me to go and see it too. I was skeptical on whether I would like it, but I was pleasantly surprised. The plot was interesting and really dives deeper than I would have thought, in thinking about Barbie in general. While I will not provide spoilers, the movie really places Barbie in a different light and allows a new generation that grew up with Barbie to see her in a whole new way, and the the stereotypical way you might have first thought. The movie has some great actors throughout and they helped take the movie over the top, in my opinion. The movie is not all laughs and fun. The writers of the movie also touched on some deeper topics too which make you think much deeper than I would have first imagined. The music in the movie was also catchy and my daughters were singing "I'm Just Ken" over and over again, and once I saw the movie I understood why they liked it so much! Overall, the movie really does celebrate Barbie and allows all watchers to think about their own individuality and to dream bigger than they might have before they watched the movie. It is a fun movie for all ages!

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: