Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - The Skin I'm In

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Book Review - The Skin I'm In

The Skin I'm In



About the Book
Maleeka suffers every day from the taunts of the other kids in her class. If they're not getting at her about her homemade clothes or her good grades, it's about her dark, black skin.

When a new teacher, whose face is blotched with a startling white patch, starts at their school, Maleeka can see there is bound to be trouble for her too. But the new teacher's attitude surprises Maleeka. Miss Saunders loves the skin she's in. Can Maleeka learn to do the same?



My Take on the Book
I had never read this book before and I am so glad that I did find it as it was a very powerful book. While it was written for YA audiences, as an adult I was drawn in by this book and I found it to be a very compelling read. The book itself shows a main character that really shows courage to confront a bully, but it also is a coming of age book that allows you to see how the main character has to learn to eventually accept herself. 

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: