Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Conversations Worth Having: Using Appreciative Inquiry to Fuel Productive and Meaningful Engagement

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Book Review - Conversations Worth Having: Using Appreciative Inquiry to Fuel Productive and Meaningful Engagement

Conversations Worth Having: Using Appreciative Inquiry to Fuel Productive and Meaningful Engagement



About the Book
Conversations can be critical and destructive, or they can be generative and productive. This book shows how to guarantee your conversations will help people, organizations, and communities flourish.

Conversations are at the core of how we interact. We all know that conversations influence us, but we rarely stop to think about how much impact they have on our well-being and our ability to thrive. This book shows how Appreciative Inquiry (AI)--one of the most widely used new approaches for fostering positive change for individuals, groups, organizations, and communities--can help everyone communicate better and flourish in all areas of their lives. Stavros and Torres spell out 2 practices and 5 principles to create great conversations. Each chapter is built around real-life stories of people using these practices and principles to strengthen relationships and generate possibilities for a future that works for everyone.

 
My Take on the Book
I have never read much on appreciative inquiry before but in this book I learned so much. The concepts shared here will definitely be ones that I will be incorporating into my daily work life as I can see the tangible ways in which this can impact my relationships at work, but even more so, impact the overall culture of the organization. The book has a ton of practical components that allow you to better understand the concepts and put them to work right away. When I read books like this, for me, having practical tips and resources as well as examples helps me to internalize the concepts. I love being able to see right away how I can use the information, and this book definitely allowed me to do just that! You will learn a ton in this book that will really change the way that you will want to live your life!


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: