Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Barron's Painless Spelling

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Book Review - Barron's Painless Spelling

About the Book
Titles in Barron's extensive Painless Series cover a wide range of subjects as they are taught on middle school and high school levels. These books are written for students who find the subjects unusually difficult and confusing--or in many cases, just plain boring. Barron's Painless Series authors' main goal is to clear up students' confusion and perk up their interest by emphasizing the intriguing and often exciting ways in which they can put each subject to practical use. Most of these books take a light-hearted approach to their subjects, often employing humor, and always presenting fun-learning exercises that include puzzles, games, and challenging "Brain Tickler" problems to solve. American English sound and letter patterns, homophones, prefixes and suffixes, and more are all presented with fun-to-solve "Brain Ticklers" to self-test students' learning progress.

ATTENTION STUDENTS:
You get a special FREE bonus when you purchase
your copy of Barron's Painless Spelling

Barron's is taking Painless to the next level: FUN! Sealed inside your copy of Painless Spelling, you'll find a code that gives you access to a FREE app. Simply key in that code on your iPhone, iTouch, iPad or Android device, and you download a fun-to-play improve-your-spelling arcade game challenge that will reinforce your skill in mastering correct spelling!

My Take on the Book
Taking the time with my eldest to work on spelling words can be daunting at times, even though I know that it is important, and sometimes my daughter gets frustrated in the process. This book makes the task of working on spelling that much easier. The book was well laid out and made so much sense. My daughter even liked many of the sections that I introduced to her. I particularly liked the "brain ticklers" as these provided a great way to check in on where you stand in your own learning! Overall I have to say that this was a great book and was one that I highly recommend!

All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: