Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Book Review - A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

I was lucky enough to be asked to review a copy of Donald Miller's new book. Not being familiar with Mr. Miller in the past, I did not have any clue what to expect in regards to this particular book.

In reviewing this book, I have to say that I was very impressed. The author brings you on a journey of discovery, that the author himself is on, but that you too soon find yourself on as you work your way through the experiences and life challenges that Donald finds himself being challenged with.

I was particularly intrigued at the idea of going into my own life and editing it to better the "story" that my own life is unveiling daily. This concept is one that Donald discovers for himself, and by doing so, it opens his life to the many wonders and opportunities that lay in the background previously.

I also was intrigued by the individuals that as a reader you are introduced to within the story. One such individual was Bob Goff. Bob is an amazing individual and one that I hope to learn more about and from in the future. At the end of reading this book, I searched for more information on Bob and his company and I found that Bob is on Facebook. Finding this, I became his Facebook friend and began an email correspondence with him that I hope will continue into the future. Bob's life is one that I can only hope for with my own family.

I was glad that the book itself did come to some type of conclusion at the end, as I came to want to see Donald succeed. So much so that I now am following Donald's blog to keep up with what he is up to with his life and to see how his continued story unfurls.

I would completely recommend this book to anyone looking to edit their own life. If you want to read a few chapters to see what this book has in store take a look at the following.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: