Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Eli Gold: From Peanuts to the Pressbox

Friday, September 11, 2009

Book Review - Eli Gold: From Peanuts to the Pressbox

Being a person that enjoys sports but is not a fanatic I did not know what to expect when I read this book. I will say that before I received this book, I can say that I had heard of the announcer/author of this book but really knew nothing of his back story.

This book is a great tribute to the hard work and dedication that one person has to achieve his goals. It is an inspirational tale about what one person can do to overcome obstacles and achieve all that one hopes to achieve.

With over 25 years of experience in the sports industry, one can only imagine the experiences and life that he has had througout his career. I truly enjoyed Gold's stories of other announcers and sports stars and what it was like to work with them. This book is a great read for the sports and non-sport enthusiast. The books flows well and is an easy read for all people.

I found that this book could have easily been expanded to add much more depth into the backstory, but I am not complaining at all, as the story was very enjoyable and one that I would definitely recommend to others!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: