Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review: The Jesus Book

Friday, August 21, 2009

Book Review: The Jesus Book


This week I received a new book entitled: The Jesus Book . I was not for certain what to expect when I got the book, but as I started to go through it, I was very surprised at both the breadth and depth that is covered within the book itself. The book is a great read for ages 4-8 and gives your ones a closer understanding to the who, what, when, where, why and how of Jesus' life.

The answers that are contained in each short passage are not watered down, but are written in a way for children to understand. The illustrations within the book itself are vibrant and truly pull the reader into the text and the story and the truth that is being shared.

The book also comes with an hour long CD of great music that my girls just loved. They are now asking me to play the songs over and over (just like we get with each year's VBS songs). I have no doubt that these songs and this CD will become a new favorite very soon. One thing that I found interesting about the songs themselves was that they tied the songs to the readings, so you could read a passage in the book or in the bible and the song was tied to this as well. It was a very nice parallel.

I encourage you to check out a few pages of the book to get a better glimpse of what the book has in store for you, your child, or a special little one you might share this great book with!

I would recommend this as a gift for your own child or for another as it shares and answers many of the questions that I have heard from my own daughter at a young age in a clear, concise and easy to understand way.

* I have reviewed this book as a member of Thomas Nelson's Book Review Blogger Program *


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: