Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - My Life in Smiley: I Got This!

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Book Review - My Life in Smiley: I Got This!

My Life in Smiley: I Got This!



About the Book
In this second installment of the My Life in Smiley series, Max is back from Summer vacation with his wisdom for future generations in this hilarious Diary of a Wimpy Kid–style journal that is unconventionally illustrated with the internationally recognized emoticons of the SmileyWorld brand.

Age Level: 8-12 Grade Level: 3rd and up

After summer vacation, Max is back at school in France to tackle seventh grade, which turns out to be even harder than sixth grade. In his journal, he recounts his over-the-top crush, fighting with his best friend Tom, his mom losing her mind with yoga and new-age parenting, and his friends’ attempt at making smiley-themed clothing with unique illustrations and plentiful smileys.


My Take on the Book
This is a great second book. If you loved the first book, this one was just as good if not better. My daughter loved to read this. She continue to love the main character, but also the interactions between other characters too. The book was a quick read but it was memorable though. Loved being able to read this with my daughter as well, and even as an adult I found the book to be fun for all!

----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: