Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - Geology Lab For Kids

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Book Review - Geology Lab For Kids

Geology Lab for Kids: 52 Projects to Explore Rocks, Gems, Geodes, Crystals, Fossils, and Other Wonders of the Earth's Surface

 photo disclaimer_zpsd3x74ej2.jpg


About the Book
Dig in and learn about the world where we live with Geology Lab for Kids.

Geology Lab for Kids features 52 simple, inexpensive, and fun experiments that explore the earth's surface, structure, and processes. This family-friendly guide teaches the wonders of geology, like the formation of crystals and fossils, the layers of the earth's crust, and the eruption of geysers and volcanoes. Learn about:

  • How crystals form
  • How insects are trapped and preserved in amber
  • How water shapes mountains, valleys, and canyons
  • How a volcano forms and erupts
  • How a geyser uses heat beneath the earth's surface

Geology is a science that teaches us about the world we live in, and Geology Lab for Kids teaches us that even simple activities can show the larger world at work.



My Take on the Book
I love this book! As a dad, I love to find fun things that I can do with my girls that are easy to create but also educate my kids without them knowing that they are learning (Sneaky!!). This book allows you to do this. You can have a blast with your kids through the large number of activities presented in the book. Best of all, for the most part I found that I had most of the supplies needed for the activities. Whether it is summer or anytime you will find something that will engage your kids in fun ways and this book will be one that you will be able to come back to over and over again and your kids will continue to ask you to keep working through the lab exercises (at least my kids did!).


----------------------------------------
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions? Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: