D3Publisher (D3P), a publisher and developer of interactive entertainment software, today announced iCarly™: Groovy Foodie!. The game is based on iCarly, Nickelodeon’s top-rated live-action series for kids and tweens. iCarly: Groovy Foodie!, available this summer exclusively for the Nintendo DS™ family of hand-held systems, offers highly addictive gameplay where fans serve wacky meals to crazy customers in a game that ‘dishes out’ all the random fun from the show.
“The latest iCarly video game offers a perfect combination of action-puzzle gameplay, hilarious elements from the hit show, and gives fans the opportunity to play as Carly and Sam for the first time ever,” said Bill Anker, vice president of business development and licensing, D3P. “The game blends these features with the humor and randomness of the popular TV show to offer fans a new and authentic experience.”
In iCarly: Groovy Foodie!, Carly and Sam get in trouble and must complete community service by making their imaginative food creations. Fans of the series can play as both Carly and Sam, and interact with the cast, as they share special skills that tie into each character’s attributes from the show.
Players set the menu, prepare dishes and serve plates to customers quickly, while even more starving customers flood each location. They will dish out more than 20 infamous iCarly dishes like Doughnuts on a Stick, Fudge Balls, and Spaghetti Tacos to crazy patrons in fan-favorite locations that include Webicon, Ridgeway Junior High, the Groovy Smoothie and more. The addicting game features several finicky types of hungry customers including students, senior citizens and more, each with their own likes, dislikes, and unique traits.
iCarly won “Favorite TV Show” at Nickelodeon’s Kids’ Choice Award three years in a row (2009-2011) and was nominated for a 2010 Primetime Emmy Award in the Outstanding Children’s Program category. iCarly currently ranks as one of the top series on all TV with kids and tweens, averaging 4.7 million total viewers.
iCarly: Groovy Foodie! is the ultimate food-dishing game for fans looking to team up with Carly and Sam in their wild escapades this summer. iCarly: Groovy Foodie! is under development by WayForward Technologies, Inc. and is currently rated “RP” (Rating Pending) by the ESRB. For more information visit D3Publisher at www.D3Publisher.us.
- Prepare endless dishes and serve them to quirky customers before time runs out!
- Interact with the entire iCarly cast and earn special upgrades to have Sam trigger "Random Dancing," see Gibby charge shirtless into lines of customers, and more!
- "Battle" 20 types of crazy hungry customers including costumed web mascots, troublesome goop throwing students, and intimidating prisoners from King County Prison!
- Serve more than 20 imaginative food creations including Spaghetti Tacos, Doughnuts on a Stick, and Fudge Balls!
- Match wits with characters like arch nemesis Nevel Papperman, mean teacher Ms. Francine Briggs, Lewbert the nasty doorman and T-Bo as they bring the pressure to serve with extra special panache.
- Enjoy frantic fun in five locations from the iCarly show, including the popular Groovy Smoothie, Webicon, Ridgeway High School, King County Prison, and Crown Ridge Mall!
- Explore an abundant variety of dishes to serve in Spencer's customizable food prep guide and create your menu at the start of each location! Utilize Freddie's customer database to understand the unique preferences of each customer and concoct the perfect strategy to feed the crowd!
- Master your serving skills and earn up to 50 game achievements to unlock bonus content like special abilities, additional dishes, helper utilities, and other awesome upgrades from Gibby's shop!
My daughter is a BIG fan of iCarly and while I have not really gotten into this, I did try out this game as well as giving it to my daughter for her take. I have to say that the game had some very fun components to it that even the non-fan of the show can enjoy! For me, I have to say that I probably enjoyed most the differing levels and variety that you have throughout the game. My daughter, on the other hand, was completely in awe of the game. As a true and loyal fan she found the game to be amazing as it had all of her favorite characters as well as the venues that are true to the show itself. As I mentioned I have not watched the show, but my daughter told me that the game follows the show quite well and she said how much she enjoyed the graphics and the game play itself. I think for her, her favorite aspect was being able to make the different types of foods for people, but she will tell you that the entire game was great!
All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at email@example.com