Dad of Divas' Reviews: Birkenstock - Walking With Support & Style

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Birkenstock - Walking With Support & Style

I was asked by Birkenstock recently to try out their new Boston line of clogs.

I have never been a huge sandle wearer due to the fact that my feet tend to need more support (flat arches) and thus, most sandles tend to leave my ankles and legs hurting. So to be honest I did not know what to expect in trying out the Birkenstocks.

I also did not know a lot about the company prior to getting these shipped to me. I had heard a lot of hype in the past about their products and knew people that had them and raved about them, but I had never owned a pair myself. Some of the things I learned while getting ready for this review was that:

  1. All their footware is crafted from cork (talk about green shoes!).
  2. Their production lines are exclusively powered by solar energy.
  3. 100% of the adhesives used within their shoes are earth friendly.
  4. Their shoe boxes are made of 90% post consumer waste.
  5. All of their shoes are completely repairable and renewable (which can increase the overall life of your footware)
When I received the clogs, I was impressed first by the exterior. The clogs were sleek and looked to be very comfortable. Yet, the proof is in the pudding as they say and thus as I tried them on I had to be cautious and as always give my honest opinion. As I put them on, the first thing in my mind was WOW, these have awesome support. The clogs themselves have built in arch supports that as as good as the hard inserts I use in my regular shoes. This is a nice plus for me, and I now think that I do have a pair of clogs that will not merely sit on a shelf, but instead will be ones that I can wear without fear of eventual pain.

I also checked out the rest of the Birkenstock product line and have to say that if given the chance, the next pair that I would love to try out would be a part of their shoe line, in particular the Devon, Dark Brown Leather Shoe. I like how this shoe (from the outside at least) looks like a shoe that I could even wear to work. So I would be given foot comfort as well as style, imagine that!

The clogs that received also came with information about the Movie stars that were wearing these as well. I am not the type of person who would be swayed to wear something just because someone else does (especially someone else that makes a ton more money than I do), but I can say that for the money that one would spend on a pair of Birkenstocks, the quality that you receive in return is worth every penny. I now can see why people talk highly of the Birkenstock brand and I will definitely consider other Birkenstock products in the future.

The featured product in this post was provided to me free of charge by Birkenstock. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company. Please refer to this site's Terms of Use for more information.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New to the Divadom?
Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader
Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the cult! Lol! I have had constant heel pain for ten years, on and off, depending on whether I was wearing decent arch support or not.

I had a pair of Birkenstocks I wore around the house, and sometimes out, but resisted making them a 'main' part of my shoe wardrobe. (smile...mostly because we used to make fun of my mom in the early 80's when she wore her's....be careful, things do come around to 'bite you!')

Earlier this year, I was limping every where I went, felt like an old lady cause I wasn't moving well, and said, 'to heck with it!' I now have over 20 pair of what I like to think of as "stylish" Birkenstocks sandals, PLUS a wardrobe of Pavia's for those more professional occasions that occur. Unfortunately, they have discontinued the Pavia, but I have scoured around for 'back ups' and hope they last me many years.

The most wonderful part is that I am now pain-free! All the time, 24/7! And I move around as if I am young and fit, more so, than old and feeble. So I hope others who may read your blog give them a try! It is true what they say.....you do become your mother after all! Lolol!